Little Tikes® 3-in-1 Trike
The 3-in-1 Smart Trike has three levels of assistance for the developing child. A height-adjustable adult-assist handle, three point harness seatbelt, safety bar and fold-out foot rests help the beginner enjoy a ride pushed by a caregiver. When the child is ready for independent riding, the adult handle and safety bar can be removed and the foot rests folded out of the way. A canopy protects a child from the sun’s rays.
- Balance, weight shifting and coordination are enhanced as children ride the trike. Children who have cognitive delays often have delays in motor development.
- Bilateral coordination is used as children alternate sides to pedal.
- Children flex and extend the muscles in their legs as they ride.
- Create an obstacle course for the child to ride through.
- Place non-skid shelf liner on the seat of the trike. This can help a child maintain an optimal seating position.
- As children ride the trike and steer they are reinforcing visual perception skills.
- Action concepts of on/off, go/stop and push can be learned and reinforced during rides.
- Children learn cause and effect as they use their hands and feet to propel forward.
- While on rides in the neighborhood, stop to look at unique lawn decorations, smell fragrant flowers, and feel the hard sections of a pinecone.
- Ride on a sidewalk with grass on either side. The grass can serve as guides for where to ride.
- Children can learn location/directionality while on trike rides.
- Children can learn about traffic safety and awareness of surroundings.
- Children can ride the trike independently or a caregiver can push them with the handle if they need additional assistance.
- Create an obstacle course for the child to ride the trike through.
- Have the child place a stuffed animal on the trike and give it a ride by pushing the handle.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Proprioceptive Input
- Physical Range of Motion
- Problem Solving
- Coordinated Movement
- Core Strengthening
- Trunk Strength
- Gross Motor
- Motor Planning
- Self Esteem
- Hand and Finger Grasp
- Action Concepts e.g. In/Out
- Visual Attention
- Weight Shifting
- Foot Placement
- Bilateral Coordination
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range:
- Levels of Play:
- Three Levels
- Surface Wipe