Snug Vest is a therapeutic product for individuals that benefit from sensory feedback and stimulation to focus and attend or calm and soothe. Snug Vest inflates to provide adjustable and evenly-distributed pressure to the torso for a comforting hug-like squeeze without pressure placed on the stomach or chest. The product promotes independence as the child can self-inflate their vest in a discrete way to get the exact amount of safe pressure they need. The Snug Vest is stylish and unsuspected making it inclusive for kids to wear regularly!
- The Snug Vest promotes proprioceptive input as kids feel the pressure on their body as they play and interact with their environment.
- The Snug Vest is a physical reminder for the child to practice focus and attention or soothe and calm.
- Motor planning skills can be supported as the Snug Vest provides information about the child's movements and positions of the body.
- The stylish and inconspicuous look of the Snug Vest allow children to wear the vest with confidence.
- Snug Vest encourages self-regulation as children learn to recognize when they need more or less sensory input from the inflated vest.
- Taking on and off the vest is a way to practice getting dressed and undressed independently for children.
- Snug Vest can encourage and support independent choices. Kids can be “in control” of the sensory stimulation they receive from Snug Vest.
- The hug-like pressure provides tactile and kinesthetic sensory stimulation as kids wear the Snug Vest.
- The inflatable nature of the vest allows kids to choose their level of stimulation—more inflation provides a tighter feel during wear.
- Kids learn independence with the Snug Vest as it allows them to be more autonomous by providing the sensory input they need while interacting with their environment.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Focus & Attention
- Cause & Effect
- Social Interaction
- Spatial Orientation
- Sensory Stimulation
- Tactile Stimulation
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range:
AblePlay Great Find!