Pair Game: Learning Values
A matching game that pairs together fun and education! Miniland Educational has developed a new “Learning Values” edition to the Pair Game. With 12 different activity cards that range from “friends of the world” to “traffic safety,” it is a new game each time kids play. Pair Game: Learning Values goes beyond a simple memory and matching game, introducing kids to a variety of social and emotional concepts such as race, anatomy and good behavior.
- Pair Game: Learning Values promotes memory and recall skills as children are tasked with identifying and recognizing which two covered pictures match.
- Pair Game: Learning Values supports children working on advancing matching skills and practicing part to whole relationships. For example, some of the pictures are components of the full picture or simply related images that are being matched.
- With a mix of cartoon images and actual photos, Pair Game: Learning Values promotes the development of symbolic understanding, knowing that the cartoons represent real life items, people, and situations.
- How many of the pictures on the board can you involve in a story? For an extra challenge, remove the covers one by one, and weave the story around each image as it appears.
- To develop early number skills, caregiver can ask the child to select the number of the desired activity card to insert in the game board.
- Caregiver can remove the higher numbered sheets (the higher the number, the harder the match) and slowly add sheets in as kid’s master play.
- Pair Game: Learning Values provides an opportunity for children to practice social interaction and manners during game play.
- Nonverbal communication can be practiced when turn taking during game play like body language and facial expressions.
- The many images to match on the activity cards provide ample opportunity to expand a child’s vocabulary and knowledge of others.
- Before the game begins, a caregiver can help children identify and talk about the pictures on the activity cards to develop expressive language and understanding of the values on the card.
- When a match is made, have the child share a story, experience or feeling about that particular scenario.
- Pair Game: Learning Values supports practicing appropriate game etiquette – turn taking, patience, following rules and good sportsmanship.
- Independent game play or playing with others, Pair Game: Learning Values allows children to play at their own speed and skill level.
- With 12 different activity cards specially designed to expose and educate children on values, the Pair Game: Learning Values introduces important concepts that can be expanded upon by a caregiver.
- Caregiver and child can go to the library to check out books on cultures and ethnicities to learn more about others.
- Caregiver and child can attend local events and festivals to learn more about others and create further understanding of the values covered in Pair Game: Learning Values.
- Check out local museums and cultural centers to have a hands on understanding of the values covered in Pair Game: Learning Values.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Memory & Recall
- Speech & Language Development
- Fine Motor
- Life Skills
- Social & Emotional Skills
- Turn Taking
- Social Interaction
- Object Recognition & Identification
- Visual Attention & Processing
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range: