Budding Reader eBooks
The Budding Reader eBook series allows children to practice and enhance literacy skills by scaffolding learning. Each book set – one for each short vowel sound - begins with a wordless book and then gradually adds new vocabulary. By retelling the same story and repeating vocabulary, Budding Reader eBooks build confidence and prevent children from being overloaded by a slew of unfamiliar vocabulary words.
- The Budding Reader eBooks provides a medium for children to practice early letter and word recognition based on each of the 5 short vowel sounds.
- The illustrations of real animals and events helps children develop symbolic understanding—the concept that illustrations and symbols can represent real things.
- Memory and recall are used as children remember the words already learned at the same time as they incorporate new words with each additional book in the set.
- The segmented sections of the Budding Reader books encourage focus and attention as reading is based on scaffolding the learning.
- Practice adjectives. Kids can describe what they think of the character, interaction and scenario happening in the book.
- Caregiver and child can try to create rhymes with the new words learned in the story.
- Kids can write and draw their own Budding Reader book based on their favorite vowel sound or vocabulary words from school. Free “Write Your Own Book” worksheets can be downloaded from buddingreader.com to spark creation and writing.
- Reading aloud or having the books read to them allows children to improve both expressive (output) and receptive (input) language.
- With 5 sets of eBooks, children can tell caregivers which books they want to read and why, giving them an opportunity to express their wants and desires.
- Imagination is inspired as kids build their own stories and learn about the characters as they evolve during story telling.
- Have children sing the stories in the books based on a favorite song or tune.
- Find other books related to the themes of bugs, bunnies, hens, etc. at the library.
- Using the words from a book set, rearrange them to create and tell a new story.
- The charitable nature of the company, donating one book for every book bought, introduces an opportunity to discuss with children the importance of giving to others.
- With the free “Write Your Own Book” worksheets, Budding Reader provides an outlet for children to express their creativity and storytelling ability.
- Not only is reading an important life skill, an increased ability to read can lead to greater self-esteem and confidence.
- Children can express how they think the characters in the story sets feel, strengthening empathy in the child and understanding emotions.
- Record the child reading the book to practice tone and inflection when emphasizing points of the story like, “Look!” and “Go!”
- Kids can write a letter or share with a caregiver their thoughts after reading the Budding Reader book sets
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Visual Attention & Processing
- Speech & Language Development
- Word Recognition & Identification
- Early Literacy
- Phonemic Awareness
- Expressive Language
- Receptive Language
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range: