Relish the Moment
Relish the Moment is a game full of games. Inside the relish bottle includes a deck of cards with pass cards, action cards, and question cards. The point of this group card game is to be the one with the most pass cards by the time the deck runs out. Win an action card game and receive a pass card. The action cards include 13 common childhood games that will get kids interacting with one another such as 20 questions and a rhyming challenge.
- Relish the Moment provides many opportunities for children to practice strategy during game play. For example, which partner to pair up with for a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
- Kids must weigh “risk versus reward” as they decide if they want to use a pass card to skip a turn or keep it to potentially help win the game.
- Relish the Moment includes 13 different action cards which all incorporate different rules and scenarios. Kids can practice memory and recall as they become familiar with the different components of each action card.
- Remove the action cards from the deck, fan them out and let the child select a card. Play one of the classic games randomly selected from the bunch.
- Add to the action cards by creating customized games or including other classics to Relish the Moment.
- Communication needed to play Relish the Moment encourages kids to practice expressive (output) as well as receptive (input) language.
- The Chatter Challenge action cards engages all of the players to simultaneously verbalize and/or vocalize for 30 seconds, giving kids the encouragement and opportunity to practice public speaking.
- Kids will practice comprehension as they read the question cards and play out the action cards.
- Create your own questions to include in the mix to learn about others during game play.
- Answer both questions on the card during each turn to engage players longer during their turn.
- Have kids share a summarization or their interpretation of the action card rules when a card is drawn.
- The turn taking nature of the game along with the rules of the action cards provides children with a structure to interacting with peers.
- With easy to understand games, the different action cards can provide children with avenues to build self-confidence through successfully completing the games.
- Since the game is meant for 2 or more players, the game can be a tool for children to practice socializing through game play in small to large groups.
- With the friendly nature of the various action card games, Relish the Moment can be used to for children to practice good sportsmanship as they win and lose throughout the course of the game.
- Use the condiment themed container for imaginary play to reenact a summer picnic with family.
- Remove specific action cards from the deck to limit the number of options during game play.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Social Interaction
- Memory & Recall
- Peer Interaction
- Communication Skills
- Turn Taking
- Good Sportsmanship
- Sequential Thought Processing
- Rule Following
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range: