This set of blocks is themed with circus animals and full of balancing and building potential. The Jumbo Circus set comes with 4 balancing planks along with 4 large, 8 medium and 16 small elephant blocks. The blocks can be stacked, rolled, connected, and rocked for endless creativity and construction opportunities. The elephant blocks come in 4 vibrant colors and have illustrations and textures on them for visual and tactile appeal. Each kit comes with an activity guide for extended play ideas.
- As kids play with the Jumbo Circus set, they are learning basic mathematics like matching, counting, and sorting.
- The attributes like size and color of the elephants help teach kids the skill of sorting during play.
- Part to whole relationships are supported as kids match the individual elephants together like a puzzle, build towers, and construct with the Jumbo Circus set to make a whole.
- Stack and measure. Stack the elephants next to the remote, dad’s shoe, or a book to see how long it is.
- Caregivers can read stories before playing with the Jumbo Circus set to inspire kids’ imaginations and expand creativity as they mimic some of the ideas from the book.
- Create a die that includes the following sides: small, medium, large, plank and wild (2). Roll the die to place the elephants and the planks during play.
- Hand-eye coordination is honed as kids place the elephants together like a puzzle, stack them on top of the planks, or construct creations with the Jumbo Circus set pieces.
- Pincer grasp and whole hand grasp are encouraged as kids pick up the elephants and place them on the planks or balance them on top of each other.
- Midline crossing and hand transferring are supported as kids pick up pieces out of immediate reach and move pieces from hand to hand during play.
- Test out different surfaces to try and balance the Jumbo Circus on. Make a guess on whether or not the elephant tower will stay balanced before building it.
- Create different “roads” by setting up the planks on an angle to roll a marble, bouncy ball, toy car or train down.
- Self-esteem is enhanced as kids successfully keep the Jumbo Circus set balanced when using the planks or stacking the elephants on top of each other.
- Construction sets like Jumbo Circus encourage children to listen and communicate with others during play over an enjoyable shared activity.
- Jumbo Circus can be used as a solitary activity or as a cooperative activity with others.
- The open-ended nature of the Jumbo Circus set promotes decision making skills and provides kids with opportunities to explore at their own pace.
- Construction play is a prime time for caregivers to ask kids open-ended questions. For example, “What might happen if…” or “How many ways can you…” might encourage conversation and expand play.
- Kids can create families out of the elephants with the small, medium and large sizes. For example, large could be dad and small could be a child.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Beginning Math Concepts
- Fine Motor
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Number Concepts
- Color Recognition & Identification
- Spatial Reasoning
- Part to Whole Relationships
- Social Awareness
- Turn Taking
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range: