With familiar toys like bears, bunnies and cars, these soft fidget toys are a multisensory experience for kids to play, cuddle and develop important skills in early childhood. The Rumple Buddies line of products are filled with a stuffing that softly crinkles to capture baby’s attention. They are made from soft and textured Minky material, have no button eyes or noses to be pulled off, and the smaller size is perfect for little hands to grip. Rumple Buddies are flat making the toy easy for little hands to grasp and fit into any bag for on-the-go play. The Rumple Buddies are machine washable and lay flat to dry.
- The open ended nature of play with Rumple Buddies promotes imagination as a child creates a narrative and personality for the toy.
- Interacting with a fidget like Rumple Buddies can aid in prolonging activities. This type of play can support focus and attention for learning in the classroom, doing homework or sitting at the dinner table during a meal.
- The crinkle material engages children, encourages purposeful finger movements and assists children in learning the concept of cause and effect.
- Sit behind a couch or table and use the Rumple Buddies as a character for a puppet show.
- Caregiver can have the child execute actions such as, “Place the Rumple Buddies under the table.” This is not only enjoyable for the child, but also encourages following directions and can be used to incorporate location and directionality.
- Caregiver can practice object permanence with the child by hiding the Rumple Buddies behind their back, crinkling it out of sight and then revealing the plush to the child.
- Red, white and black are the first colors young children are able to visually process. The bold and high contrast colors of Rumple Buddies can encourage visual tracking and attention in early childhood.
- Rumple Buddies creates an auditory response and provides sensory stimulation for the child because of the crinkling sound when played with.
- The Minky plush and the raised texture on the Rumple Buddies allows children to experience the sense of touch and allow them to conceptualize tactile differentiation.
- Use Rumple Buddies as an instrument to play along while singing or listening to music.
- Play a game of “Freeze” with Rumple Buddies. Crinkle the Rumple Buddies until someone says, “Freeze!” and then stop making the crinkling noise.
- Make a cozy corner of the house with blankets, pillows, Rumple Buddies and other soothing items to create a calming corner.
- The soft yet textured surface of Rumple Buddies heightens the sense of touch and promotes fine motor skill development as kids explore different grasps to hold the plush.
- The softness of the Rumple Buddies helps a child be successful in grasping. The material contours to a child’s grasp.
- Rumple Buddies promote bilateral coordination and hand-eye coordination as children use both sides of their body together to play.
- Have the child throw Rumple Buddies up in the air and clap their hands one time before catching.
- Child can try to draw Rumple Buddies on a piece of paper. Drawing and coloring hones tripod grasping skills needed for school.
- Caregiver can hide Rumple Buddies for the child to find. This will encourage physical movements like walking and bending to find the plush.