Edwin the Duck
Edwin is more than a rubber duck; Edwin is a smart duck. Just like classic rubber ducks, Edwin is bright yellow, he floats, he is waterproof, and kids love him. However, Edwin can also interact with smart devices, read stories, sing lullabies, turn into a nightlight, and play a child’s favorite music. Edwin is equipped with a waterproof speaker inside, colorful LED light, and his very own charging nest, meaning that you will never need to buy batteries.
- Cause and effect relationships are promoted as kids interact with the app activities and use Edwin the Duck to complement the game.
- Edwin provides kids with a multi-sensory approach to learning through sight, sound and touch. Children are better able to learn, retain and recall the information experienced through multiple senses.
- With the educational activities like the shapes application, children learn shape recognition and identification through a variety of engaging activities.
- The physical duck provides a bridge for children to connect the real world that they can touch to the digital world that they can see.
- Hide Edwin the Duck around the house for kids to find using their hearing as a guide. Caregiver can play music intermittently through the smart device as kids get warmer and colder to the hiding spot.
- Create fictional friends for Edwin the Duck, such as Lucy the Seal and Daryl the Rino. What sort of adventures would they be up to?
- Kids can practice receptive (input) language skills when using Edwin the Duck with the Bluetooth speakers during music, audiobooks, or any other audio file.
- The storybook application allows children to practice reading and comprehension skills as they either read or follow along with Edwin’s story.
- Verbalizations and vocalizations are encouraged as children sing along with a variety of classic and original songs that are controlled through the app and played through Edwin’s speakers.
- Act out a play with Edwin the Duck being the main character.
- Use traditional and nontraditional musical instruments to interact with the sing along app.
- Encourage children to mimic the sounds they hear Edwin the Duck verbalize and vocalize through the sound effects, vocals, sayings and songs.
- With the nightlight and lullaby feature, bedtime can be a calming and soothing experience as Edwin’s head turns into a gentle nightlight and his speaker’s stream the gentle music.
- With no wrong way to play with Edwin, but a variety of applications, children can have the flexibility to choose a preexisting play idea, or come up with their own.
- Use of Edwin the Duck familiarizes children with technology, which is an increasingly important aspect of society.
- Create an illustrated book with Edwin as the main character. Read the story aloud and record it on a smart device to mimic the storybook application.
- Have the child create his own personal “moods” playlists on the so that all of his favorite music is easily accessible to play when feeling different emotions.
- Use Edwin the Duck as a quiet time activity when focus, calm and attention are needed.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Visual Processing & Attention
- Auditory Processing & Attention
- Cause & Effect
- Speech & Language
- Life Skills
- Literacy Skills
- Eye Tracking
- Following Directions
- Isolated Finger Movements
- Fine Motor Skills
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range: