Laugh & Learn® Smart Stages™ Puppy
This plush puppy uses Smart Stages™ technology to grow with your child. Smart Stages™ technology gives the puppy three different stages, “explore,” “encourage” and “pretend,” each one growing upon the last to advance with the child as they progress through milestones. The puppy accomplishes this through interactive elements on his ears, paws and belly so children can use the different sensors to explore various outcomes and interactions.
- The Smart Stages™ technology creates a plethora of learning opportunities to allow children to learn as they grow and advance play with the puppy.
- With labels for puppy’s hand, foot and ear, children can work on understanding of basic body parts.
- The interactive nature of the puppy promotes cause and effect learning as kids realize their actions will make the puppy react.
- Object, number and letter recognition and identification are honed and encouraged as children interact with the puppy.
- Take the puppy outside for a trip to their very own “dog park.”
- Imagination can bring puppy to life! Kids can nurture and care for the puppy by petting, walking, feeding and cleaning up after him.
- Gather plush animals from around the house and let them interact with each other during tea time or another pretend play activity.
- The 50 different songs, tunes and phrases of the Smart Stages™ Puppy allows encourages speech and language through vocalizations and verbalizations.
- Using Level 2 on the Smart Stages™ Puppy promotes both receptive and expressive language skills as puppy asks questions.
- The labels on the puppy provides children with common words to practice early literacy like word recognition and beginning spelling.
- Write, draw or tell a story with puppy as the main character.
- Create a name and personality for puppy! Practice playing pretend with his characteristics.
- Use instruments to sing-along with puppy and encourage communication through singing and humming.
- The open-ended nature of play allows children to become creative in dictating their own playtime with puppy.
- Puppy can adapt to each child’s individual abilities enhancing self-esteem and encouraging continued play.
- Kids can pretend to be the puppy and do their best dog impressions.
- Children can use the puppy to talk about feelings and emotions. For example, a caregiver can give a scenario and the child can explain how puppy might feel in that situation.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Cause & Effect
- Object Recognition & Identification
- Sound Imitation
- Sensory Exploration
- Visual Processing & Attention
- Auditory Processing & Attention
- Beginning Math Concepts
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range: