The Neatnik Saucer is the perfect companion for meals and tabletop play time. It is an oversized vinyl mat reaching approximately 30” in diameter that encompasses a child sitting in a restaurant-style high chair. An inset attached chair liner fits in a standard restaurant high chair. The liner has slots to accommodate the chair’s safety straps. A circular polyester/PVC tray surrounding the chair liner lies on top of the table, secured with suction cups, to provide a focused, sanitary play/meal space for children. The mat has a lip surrounding it to prevent toys and food from falling off. The mat has Velcro straps on each side of the child to secure toys. Easy to clean and store. The Neatnik saucer collapses into a 12” square carry case. Phthalate-free.
- The pattern on the Neatnik Saucer has contrasting colors that are visually stimulating to young children.
- For oral motor play and exploration, teething rings can be attached to the Velcro straps located on each side of the mat.
- Children who are visually impaired feel more comfortable using the Neatnik Saucer because it defines their play/meal space.
- The raised lip all the way around the mat helps keep food and play items on the mat and within the child’s field of vision and reach.
- Reaching and grasping skills are practiced as children pick up food and play items from the mat.
- The Neatnik Saucer can provide a child with his own personal space and can help others around him respect the child’s space.
- Children can practice using the word or sign for “more” when they are ready for more food to be placed on the mat.
- Early language skills including letter sounds and food/toy names can be practiced as new talkers request items.
- The Neatnik Saucer’s defined space for play and eating helps lessen the distractions around the child and provides a structured space for children to focus their attention. This is particularly beneficial for children who are on the Autism spectrum or who have attention difficulties.
- The wrap around mat provides a large area for play (in front of the child and on the sides). Typical tablemats are adhered to the table in front of the child.
- Sitting up at the table alongside family members helps the child feel included. He or she learns about mealtime routines, hears conversations and observes interactions among family members.
- The Neatnik Saucer’s defined space for play and eating helps lessen the distractions around the child and provides a structured space for children to focus their attention.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Cooperative Hand Movements
- Motor Planning
- Two-Handed Play – Midline Focus and Transferring
- Finger and Hand Control and Dexterity
- Hand and Finger Grasp
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Reaching/Arm Extension
- Coordinated Movement
- Fine Motor
- Bilateral Coordination
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range:
- Levels of Play:
- One Level
- Self Storing
- Surface Wipe
AblePlay Great Find!