No more using the tub edge as a play stage for toddler’s bath toys! Tubby Table is designed as a versatile bathtub activity “hub” for toddlers. The tabletop base grips to the tub bottom with large suction cups; two additional table leaves are provided to snap onto the top of the base table piece. The sturdy table provides a large surface which include three distinct areas for play:
1. perforated for pouring water through and colored shape cups to fill with water and place in tabletop cut outs
2. building pegs to attached water wheel (provided) or own building blocks
3. depression for placing waterproof activity play mat (provided) and accessories or space for free play
The table height is adjustable and the table leaves adjust to work on an angle. Toy is suitable for solo play, play with bath mate or caretaker.
- As the bather and caregiver interact with the Tubby Table and its accessories, they engage in social exchange about their play.
- Tubby Table and accessories provides opportunity for open, imaginative play whereby bather is encouraged to tell his / her own story about the activity in which he/she is engaged.
- Tubby Table and accessories are easy to understand thereby encouraging bather to label objects, colors, and actions.
- To encourage expressive language development, encourage bather to create and act out a story on the Tubby Table top using words and sound effects.
- To strengthen auditory processing skills, utilize the Tubby Table accessory packs (race track, zoo animals, etc.) to encourage bather to act out a favorite or made-up story as read or by caregiver.
- At the conclusion of bathing, use the remaining water on the Tubby Table for a watercolor activity to paint a picture of their bath time experience.
- Tubby Table encourages development of social interaction between bather and caretaker or bath mate as they play with water and accessories on the Table together.
- Tubby Table can be used independently allowing bather to develop confidence as he / she becomes familiar with the manipulation of Tubby Table and accessories.
- Tubby Table provides engaging water-based activities which can provide an effective method for improving infants’ and toddlers’ tolerance of bathing time.
- Prior to entering the bath tub, bather and caregiver work together to select bath toys to play with on the Tubby Table and discuss why the toys are a good fit for use with the Table.
- Use Tubby Table and its accessories to tell a progressive story; bather and caregiver / bath mate take turns adding their own narrative with words / sounds and play pieces on the table.
- Introduce the Tubby Table and accessories to bather outside of tub to familiarize bather with operation of toy.
- Encourage bather to assist caretaker to assemble the Tubby Table before getting in the tub with the toy.
- Tubby Table encourages strengthening of bather's arm extension and reach to grab and manipulate the accessories across the table.
- Tubby Table encourages development of wrist rotation as the bather scoops and pours water with the Table's shape cups
- Tubby Table height is adjustable to fit bather's height thereby encouraging development of good posture.
- Instruct bather to fill the Tubby Table shape cups with water by squeezing a soaking wet washcloth or sponge, Use the Tubby Table as a barrier over which to toss rolled up wash cloths or water-friendly balls back and forth with a bath mate, similar to a game of volleyball or tennis.
- Use the Tubby Table as a table in or outside of the bathtub for a pretend tea party, utilizing the shape cups as teacups and teapot.
- Add or remove Tubby Table leaves to increase or decrease the overall table circumference to improve accessibility to bather.